Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Random Rambling


What a whirlwind holiday weekend! It was filled with one family party after another. Imagine doing this scheduling math: mom's side party, dad's side party, in-laws party, and then somehow managing to host a Bulls season opener party with friends in between after-Christmas shopping. I'm tired just thinking about it, but we got through it and get to do it all over again for New Year's weekend. Woo-freaking-hoo.

Anyways after several days of makeup and styling, I rediscovered some very MAJ love for products I have in my beauty arsenal.

Urban Decay NAKED 1 & 2

Talk about instant classic, Urban Decay took the neutral eye look to another level when they debuted the NAKED palette. For years I have been stockpiling Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes (I have 8!), everything from Book of Shadows to the Deluxe Shadow to the Ammo Palette. In each one, the neutral shades are the only ones I hit pan. This is why the fact that all the subtle variations of the shimmery eyeshadows I <3 have been gathered together in the NAKED palette and the NAKED2 blew me away. The possibilities are endless of where your creativity will take you with these palettes. It's like a box of the world's finest chocolates for makeup junkies, you don't know which to try first. So two of the most perfect eyeshadow palettes ever and what am I doing? I am waiting for NAKED3 because let's face it when it comes to makeup...greed is good.


CHI Hair Straightener

The clouds parted and glorious birds began to sing, the first time I used a CHI hair straightener on my frizzy hair. My hair went from its usual poufy self to the glossy shampoo commercial hair I had always dreamt of. There are so many more affordable ceramic plated straighteners on the market now, but my loyalty is with my CHI. Let's keep it real, wearing hijab means that I get to be lazy when it comes to styling my hair more often than not. The husband is forced to look at the messy bun look (the messy is usually not on purpose) day in and day out. But every once in a while, when the planets align and all three of my babies (4 including the hubs) give me ten minutes to myself, I'll CHI myself and then bask in the compliments. "Oh God, is it our anniversary?" "How come you don't have that ball on your head anymore?" "Look I can run my fingers through your hair Momma" "ahhh-cooo" (the newborn). Hmmm, we may have to work on the fine art of complimenting in this household. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment