Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Black Friday & Baby

Well I am finally back from my "just-had-baby-number-3-and-now-don't-have-time-to-scratch-my-head" hiatus. The one thing I have learned now that the husband and I are outnumbered is that I have to multi-task in order to just get half the things on my daily to-do list done. This blog is being written with 2 out of the 3 kids snuggling up to me. How many years till I can send them off to college? Just kidding....sorta. ;)

Since I was homebound with the newborn (except for the occasional party), my Thanksgiving celebration included lots of online black Friday shopping. With all the free shipping offers that swirled around, I was able to indulge in a lot of guilt-free shopping. While most of my purchases were about the kids, (yep when you become a mom, your first impulse is to buy something for the kids), I treated myself to some great beauty finds.

Sephora's black Friday $10 door buster deals crashed their site, but once they went back up, I was able to get the limited edition Tarte for True Blood eyeshadow palette for a hugely discounted rate. There are 17 (!!!!) beautiful jewel tone colors in this palette and they are highly pigmented. I am totally a sucker for eyeshadow palettes, I just find that it is a great way to get the biggest makeup bang for the buck.


While the corset inspired packaging is a little tacky for my taste, the eyeshadows are set in a diamond angled pattern that gives it a good visual interest.  There is a bonus primer, mascara and a full size black eyeliner lurking under the eyeshadow tray.  Great thing about ordering online from Sephora is that I totally scored this cute Hello Kitty bag filled with samples. Of course my 2 year old pounced on the bag as soon as she saw it "My kitty cat purse!"

I am loving the shimmer eye shadows of this palette. Because let's face it there are going to be days when I will need all the help I can get to look semi-awake. The shadows are really silky and glide on very smoothly.  I was able to get great color payoff without using a primer, so this is definitely going to be my go-to palette for a special look on those rare nights I'll get to go out for some grown up time.

P.S. Stay tuned for my crazy beauty find at (of all the random places)... TJ Maxx

No comments:

Post a Comment