Saturday, December 10, 2011

Not so NAKED Shady Lady

My latest beauty find that I am so excited about actually happened at TJ Maxx. I popped in there with the hubs to check out some furniture, we are looking for that perfect cozy arm chair to snuggle with our kids and read. We have a bonus room at our place that I keep calling the library even though we have yet to assemble the bookcases.  (Ahem husband, this might be something you can do while watching collegiate football all day Saturday, during Sunday NFL games or Monday night football! Just sayin'...)

Ok where was I? Ah yes, TJ Maxx,  I went to check out their beauty aisle.  While the selection is really sporadic, ever since I stumbled on NARS lipglosses there at a whopping $10 only, I am always hoping to find something equally fab.  At the end of the display, mixed in with all their E.L.F. gift sets were three slim giraffe print cases that caught my eye. It was theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 eyeshadow palette.  Woohoo!

I love makeup palettes, I just find that it's the best way to get the biggest bang for your beauty buck. Also, because you get a whole range of colors, it forces you out of your comfort zone to try new colors that you probably wouldn't have bought separately.

I've tested out theBalm eyeshadows at Sephora before and I liked it but not enough to switch over from my beloved Urban Decay. But since TJ Maxx was selling this palette for only $12.99 for 9 shadows and liners, it was the perfect opportunity to try out the brand. (Sephora still has this on sale for $39.50!) These eyeshadows are very versatile, they can be worn dry over primer or applied wet as liner.

They have great color payoff and not a lot of fallout despite being so shimmery. My favorite color is the copper brown color "racy kacy", it actually made my eyes pop when I paired it with a matte brown color in the crease. At this price, it's a total win win win all the way around, so next time your are at one of the designer reseller stores, make sure you check out their beauty section. You never know what you might find there.

Speaking of eyeshadow palettes, has anyone got their hands on Urban Decay's NAKED 2 palette yet?  I have the original NAKED palette which has gone on to become a cult classic. While I probably will be picking up the new NAKED 2 palette as well whenever it comes back in stock at Urban Decay (sign up to stay updated), I really have to hand it to the marketing geniuses over there.  They are creating instant hype for their product by making it so exclusive and only releasing a few batches at a time. It's annoying for us as consumers but of course we all want what we can't have!

No comments:

Post a Comment